What is Neuro linguistic Programming and how can it help me?
Define NLP succinctly!
This is a common request and not an easy one to fulfil because NLP covers such a wide field and has so many diverse applications. The following are just a few ways of defining it.
My definition is ” How we encode, store, recall and use information, sometimes in helpful ways other times in less helpful ways. Modelling how we (and others ) excel we can learn store and recall the same process to impact on ours and others existence”
Other Definitions are:
|NLP is a method of personal development – a tool for improving your own and others’ performance|
|It is also a model of effective communication – a practical and pragmatic collection of insights and methods that can enable you to improve how you communicate with yourself and others|
|And it is a means of modelling – or creating models of human behaviour.|
The main tenet of NLP is that it is an Attitude, Methodology and Technology of excellence. It is about using your brain differently (Neuro) by learning to think and communicate differently (language) so you can reprogram your behaviours.
The Attitude is one of Curiosity, Relentlessness & Creative Flexibility. It is about focusing on usefulness. The Methodology is a system of studying and learning what other successful people do so you can replicate their success.
The Technology is an approach to human psychology & personal change that offers techniques to change the way you think and feel, destroy limiting beliefs and make better decisions
In a nutshell…
…NLP is a simple yet powerful approach to personal and professional development. It is based on the study of successful human performance in which the methods of very effective people are studied.The results are then distilled into easily learned ‘techniques’ and presented in workshops – making each workshop a valuable short-cut to more successful living. In a few hours you can learn what may have taken others years to discover in a trial and error manner.
Can you explain the name ‘Neuro-Linguistic Programming’
Neuro-Linguistic Programming, often abbreviated as NLP, is a powerful and versatile approach to personal development and communication. It is a fascinating field that explores the intricate relationship between our thoughts, language, and behavior, aiming to help individuals understand and improve the way they interact with themselves and others. With its roots in psychology and linguistics, NLP offers a toolkit of techniques and strategies designed to enhance self-awareness, promote effective communication, and achieve personal transformation. In this introduction, we will delve into the core principles and practical applications of NLP, shedding light on how it can empower you to achieve your goals, overcome obstacles, and unlock your full potential. Whether you’re seeking personal growth, improved relationships, or enhanced professional performance, NLP provides valuable insights and tools to guide you on your journey to self-mastery and success.
Why might it interest me?
NLP provides you with a means to make changes in your own life and to assist others in doing the same. It provides you with
|insights into how people think and behave|
|dynamic personal change techniques|
|Advanced communication skills.|
The Watford & District Hypnotherapy Centre offer a free of charge 30 minute no obligation assessment where we can discuss and identify what treatment or mix of treatments best suits your unique set of circumstances. Please do not hesitate to Mail call or contact us via this website with any questions you may have.
What techniques Do you use?
Here are our top ten most used Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) techniques along with brief descriptions for each:
1. **Anchoring**: Anchoring involves associating a specific touch, sound, or visual cue with a particular emotional state. By triggering these anchors, you can access and manage your emotions more effectively.
2. **Rapport Building**: NLP emphasizes the importance of building rapport with others through mirroring and matching body language, tonality, and speech patterns. This technique helps establish strong connections and effective communication.
3. **Swish Pattern**: The Swish Pattern is used to replace undesirable habits or thought patterns with more positive ones. It involves creating a mental image of the undesired behavior and then swiftly replacing it with a desired one.
4. **Meta-Model**: The Meta-Model is a set of language patterns that aim to clarify and expand the information in communication. By using it, you can identify and challenge limiting beliefs and assumptions in your own or others’ speech.
5. **Visual/Kinaesthetic Dissociation**: This technique is useful for dealing with traumatic memories or phobias. It involves mentally disassociating from the emotional content of the memory to reduce its impact.
6. **Well-Formed Outcomes**: Well-Formed Outcomes help you define and structure your goals in a way that makes them achievable. It includes specifying the outcome, ensuring it’s within your control, and considering potential consequences.
7. **Submodalities**: Submodalities are the finer distinctions within our sensory experiences. By altering these submodalities (e.g., the brightness or size of mental images), you can change the way you perceive and react to certain experiences.
8. **Reframing**: Reframing involves changing the way you interpret a situation or problem by looking at it from different angles. This can help you shift your perspective and find more constructive solutions.
9. **Milton Model**: The Milton Model is a set of language patterns that encourage open-ended and hypnotic communication. It can be used to induce trance-like states for therapeutic purposes or creative thinking.
10. **Circle of Excellence**: This technique helps you access and enhance positive states of mind. You create a mental circle and step into it to activate feelings of confidence, motivation, or any desired state.
These NLP techniques can be powerful tools for personal growth, improved communication, and overcoming challenges by harnessing the connection between language, thoughts, and behavior.
When 1+1= 3!
In many cases a multi discipline approach where conscious work (1) such as NLP or CBT coupled with eyes closed work (1) such as hypnosis is far more powerful and impact than any one discipline in it’s own right….just using eyes open or eyes closed work on it’s own is only utilising half of your brain and simply misses the point of therapy in brining a holistic resolution.
Call us today on 01923 728 786 to discuss your individual requirement or contact us with your enquiries….we endeavour to respond within 48 hours
Also worth reading on this blog if you want to explore the NLP processes in greater depth…….NLP PARTS INTEGRATION
We offer private 1-2-1 therapy sessions and Due to level of demand we have Extended opening hours we now offer appointments Monday to Friday between 10:00 am and 8:00 pm as well as Saturday’s between 10:00 and 16:00
Book your appointment with us today :